Friday, November 19, 2010

I LOVE MUSEUMS & BROADWAY

I came in to NYC to meet Joey on the redeye flight- yes that means I am a little tired. Joey had meetings so I went out by myself for the day after I tried & failed at sleeping. I love the Museum of Modern Art so I walked down there from our hotel. Like usual I get so excited to see what the next painting is going to be I have to try & control myself & not run from room to room. They have so many great paintings from Van Gogh to Monet to Warhall. I love it!! I also got a delicious lunch, blue cheese tart with salad, in the restaurant looking over the sculpture garden. After several hours with a huge smile on my face Joey called and was done without his meetings so I headed back to the hotel.

For the evening we had dinner reservations & tickets to a show with Nat- one of Joey's employees. The restaurant we went to was Cuban and was good but the show was awesome. Getting to the show we couldn't get a cab- rush hour- so we had a guy pull us in his rickshaw. If you think taxi drivers are crazy try this at rush hour- I don't know how we lived!! The driver was pulling in-between cars- getting honked at- then he caught the mirror of a parked van. Yes, it did jerk us to a stop - we had to backup and get uncaught- of course it was on my side & the owner of the van was sitting in it. We did make it to the show and loved it. Sean Hayes played the main part with Kristin Chenoweth and then Molly Shannon was In a couple unforgettable scenes. The play was great but with the few parts with Molly Shannon it was very funny .

No comments:

Post a Comment