Monday, November 8, 2010

WE REALLY "FELT" IT THIS WEEKEND

We had the annual Bradley Girls Trip this weekend in St. George at Grandpa's condo. It was AWESOME. We ate, laughed, shopped, laughed, CRAFTED and then laughed some more. I flew down Friday morning because I had book group on Thursday night. Once I got there Barb, Lisa and their girls picked me up we went to the condo where Jill Dorrough was and waited for Judy, Stacy and Jenn to come over. From there the party started.

We started shopping at Taipan where I got a new nativity scene and a couple new angels for Christmas. YEAH!! Then we all meet back at the condo and started the craft- a Happy Birthday Felt banner. This turned into a felt banner marathon, I kid you not. We all have so many creative juices that this turned into a felt banner weekend. Many hands make light work- right? We went from Happy Birthday, to BOO, to Give Thanks and on and on and on through every holiday and of course adding the names of our children and then our favorite person of all- our husbands. I ended up with 17 banners, yes I did just go count them. I love when we were starting a new banner and we would ask "Who's in?" and then you would see 9 hands pop up in the air & the assembly line would start again. The best part was the talking and laughing that went along with making them.

We also had the outing to the craft store to get ribbon for the felt signs. All ten of us there to divide and conquer. Maybe it works better if we are all on the same aisle looking at buttons and ribbons together. Also it is better if all of us are standing in the check out line together, we don't want to loose each other. The only problem checking out was we didn't realize that we had to have the ribbon cut & priced. We had people running back and forth trying to get cuts & prices on the ribbon while the the cashier was ringing up what we had. I just watched as people in the line behind us gradually moved to the next line over.

We had great food all weekend thanks to Jill who loves to cook. She made dinner both nights, delicious blueberry struesel cake, brownies & cookies. Barb made her traditional pumpkin waffles, I was worried about them but were delicious, her families tradition on Thanksgiving morning. There was a pile of treats that everyone brought down that were always available. Needless to say we did not go hungry. I only had to drive down to get a diet coke once each day or bribe someone to get one for me.

We played some new games that I am excited play with the kids and also had a favorites gift exchange. With this exchange you get 3 things that are your favorite that are under $5 and then we draw names and exchange them with everyone else. I got three things of Bubble Bath for my favorite thing and them ended up getting a ouch-less brush from Stacy, a hand knit hat from Jill and a star napkin holder and napkins from Lisa with a cool pan scrapper that I can't wait to use.

There was one rule I think we need to consider changing for the weekend. We all have to go to bed at the same time- these Bradley Girls party all night long. I can barely keep my eyes open to type this trying from fatigue. The amazing thing is when you are crafting until two in the morning you really don't even realize that it is that late until two days later when you are dragging!!

I "felt" I had a great weekend and wish I were still there in the sunny St George weather not looking outside at the snow storm swirling around my house. Can't wait for next year.

1 comment: